Firmware Downloads - EUROPE
Please read our Disclaimer before downloading and installing any firmware updates.
Firmware Installation Instructions
Installing a firmware update couldn't be easier. Here's how...
- Download one of our firmwares listed below
- Unzip the ISO image and burn to a CD-R or CD-RW, for example using ImgBurn
- Note: Firmware updates should be made from CDs - do NOT use a DVD
- Once complete the root folder of your CD should look like this:
- If you see a ZIP or ISO file in the root folder, you've made a mistake - Try again
- Remove the navigation DVD from the RNS-E and replace with the update CD
- After a short delay (1-2 minutes) the update should start:
- Wait for the update to complete (about 5 minutes) and your RNS-E should reboot
- You can now remove the update CD and replace the navigation media
Please read the release notes to find out how to use any new features we added. Enjoy your new firmware!
Firmware Downgrade Instructions
We hope you are happy with your new firmware, but should you ever wish to go back to the stock firmware then downgrading is very easy.
- Make sure you have the latest navigation DVD - Any DVD after 2012
- If not, you can download a copy of the stock 0220/0650 firmware below
- Remove the navigation DVD from the RNS-E
- Enter the RNS-E Engineering Mode
- Select option General -> Firmware Downgrade
- Press RETURN until you leave Engineering Mode
- Insert the DVD or CD containing the 0220/0650 firmware
- Wait for the firmware downgrade to complete
February 2020 - Acorn Release - 0250 / 0680
RNS-E 193PU: SW 0250
RNS-E 192: SW 0680
Support for FIS-Control, switchable SDS, "red DIS bug" fix, plus many, many other usability improvements and bug fixes. Enjoy!
SDS Firmware - 0230 / 0660
RNS-E 193PU: SW 0230
RNS-E 192: SW 0660
This version has the SDS permanently enabled. No other modifications.
Note: Reverting to stock firmware from this version requires VCDS. You cannot soft configure or downgrade from the engineering menus!
Last Official Audi Firmware - 0220 / 0650
RNS-E 193PU: SW 0220
RNS-E 192: SW 0650
This is the last official Audi firmware release for the RNS-E without any modifications.
Use this version if you want to revert to the stock firmware.