This is a hobby project by pcbbc, an Audi TT and RNS-E enthusiast.
Driven by his goal of retro-fitting a 193PU RNS-E into his Audi TT 8N, a vehicle which was only rarely fitted with a BNS navigation system from factory, pcbbc has fixed bugs and added extra features to the stock RNS-E firmware.
Lots of the features we have added, and bugs we have swatted, are equally applicable to other RNS-E equiped vehicles. So we present here a modified version of the firmware for your own use.
Free features and enhancements
- V-Signal speed pulses over CANBUS in A6 mode for 193 units.
- BCD Date/Time display fix for S4 platform
- Support for FIS-Control
- SDS Soft Coding
- CAR Key Acts as SDS PTT
- Show Map on Cold Boot
- Reverse Gear over CAN
- CAN Reverse Gear for A6 Mode (193PU only)
- Lowercase Units on DIS
- SDS System Restores 2D or 3D Map View
- Start Screen Coding
- Background Indexing of MP3 ID3 Tags (193PU only)
- Red-DIS Protocol Fixes
- Fix Abend Processing ID3 Tags
- Fix Bug in Unicode Comment Tags (193PU only)
- Fix Display of Kombi Date/Time in Engineering Menus
- Reinstated A6 Coding (193PU only)
- Fix Gala in A6 Mode (193PU only)
- Display Speed Limits Icons in A6 Mode (193PU only)
...and many more
View all features and enhancements
RNS-E Feature Pack
Purchasing a feature pack fully enables the following additional features in our custom firmwares:
Audible POI Alert
Notify you of approaching user added POI (e.g. Safety Cameras) with an an audible alert.
VIM Unlock (Video in Motion)
Display static screens from external media players via the RNS-E video input.
SD Card Maps (193 only)
Our custom firmwares allow you to store your navigation media on an RNS-E SD Card instead of a DVD.
Our NA Dogwood release makes it out of Beta, and we have a new NA Beta available.Read more
Our EU Dogwood release makes it out of Beta. Visit the EU Firmware Page to get your copy.Read more
We are also pleased to announce our current Beta with new features for licenced and unlicenced users alike…Read more
Firmware Update Mailing List
You can sign up for our mailing list here, and we'll let you know when we release a new firmware. We hate unwanted meat products in our in-box as much as you do, so we promise:
- Only to mail you about new RNS-E firmware releases
- Never to share, sell, or disclose your e-mail address to anyone
- Un-subscribe via the link in any of our e-mails
Subscribe to get the latest news from us